Teal (teal_cuttlefish) wrote,
Teal
teal_cuttlefish

How you can tell how much care Walmart puts into their customer responses:

Unlocked, share as far and wide as you wish.


(It's a top posted email, so you have to start from the bottom)

Note the subtle use of repetition in their responses.




Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:48:19 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Walmart.com Help" <help@walmart.com>
To: Deleted
Subject: Re: Please protect women's access to their prescriptions
x-mailer: KANA Response 7.5.2.76.6
X-ELNK-AV: 0




Dear Valued Customer,


Thank you for contacting us at Walmart.com regarding women?s
prescriptions for birth control. Your comments and concerns are very
important to us as we strive to meet your needs.


Wal-Mart does not carry emergency contraceptives. Our pharmacists may
decline to fill a prescription based on personal convictions. However,
they must find another pharmacist, either at Wal-Mart or another
pharmacy, who can assist you by filling your prescription.


Again, we thank you for your comments regarding this issue.


Sincerely,



Customer Service at Walmart.com





Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Way to miss the point, automaton!


At 01:14 PM 4/15/2005, you wrote:


>Dear Valued Customer,
>
>Thank you for contacting us at Walmart.com regarding women?s
>prescriptions for birth control. Your comments and concerns are very
>important to us as we strive to meet your needs.
>
>Wal-Mart does not carry emergency contraceptives. Our pharmacists may
>decline to fill a prescription based on personal convictions. However,
>they must find another pharmacist, either at Wal-Mart or another
>pharmacy, who can assist you by filling your prescription.
>
>Again, we thank you for your comments regarding this issue.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>
>Customer Service at Walmart.com
>
>
>
>
>Original Message Follows:
>------------------------
>This will no longer be an issue for me; I am 45 and do not require
>contraceptive of any type. However, since I disagree with many of
>Walmart's policies, not just the refusal to carry EC, I will no longer
>shop
>at any Walmart.
>
>Sincerely,
>M******* A*** D****
>
>
>At 07:13 AM 4/15/2005, you wrote:
>
> >Dear Valued Customer,
> >
> >Thank you for contacting us at Walmart.com regarding women?s
> >prescriptions for birth control. Your comments and concerns are very
> >important to us as we strive to meet your needs.
> >
> >Wal-Mart does not carry emergency contraceptives. Our pharmacists may
> >decline to fill a prescription based on personal convictions.
However,
> >they must find another pharmacist, either at Wal-Mart or another
> >pharmacy, who can assist you by filling your prescription.
> >
> >Again, we thank you for your comments regarding this issue.
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >
> >
> >Customer Service at Walmart.com
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Original Message Follows:
> >------------------------
> >
> >March 30, 2005
> >
> >Dear WalMart Pharmacy,
> >
> >All over the country I have noticed a disturbing trend of
> >pharmacies refusing to fill women's prescriptions for birth
> >control. When a woman and her doctor decide that a
> >prescription for contraception is in the woman's best
> >interest, a third party has no right to override that
> >decision. Pharmacies must ensure that patients get their
> >doctor-prescribed medication without delay or
> >inconvenience. I ask that your company assure me and your
> >other customers that no woman seeking prescription
> >contraception will be turned away by your company's
> >pharmacies.
> >
> >As a customer, I want all of my prescriptions to be filled:
> > Leave medication decisions up to a woman and her doctor.
> >Pharmacists should not be practicing medicine.
> >
> >No doubt a majority of your customers take for granted that
> >women should be able to receive their birth control despite
> >the personal beliefs of the individual pharmacist. Timely
> >access to contraception is central to women's health,
> >autonomy, and equality. We must trust women and their
> >doctors to make their own reproductive health decisions.
> >
> >I thank you, in advance, for protecting your customer's
> >health by ensuring your pharmacy will guarantee women have
> >unhindered access to their prescribed medications.
> >
> >Thank you for your attention and support.
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >
> >
> >M******* D****
> >Address Deleted
> >Denver, CO 80222
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 11 comments