Let Me Tell You What I Like About You!
1. Reply to this post if you want/need me to tell you how cool you are!
2. Watch my journal over the next few days for a post just about you and why I think you rock my socks.
3. Post these instructions in your journal and give your friends a much needed dose of love and adoration
Post your ten greatest holiday wishes to your LJ. They can be anything -- big, small, bizarre, whatever. The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want. Make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part: If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call. There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
My top ten holiday wishes:
1. The Ohio recount to reverse the Electoral college result.
2. A pair of comfortable headphones for a 10 year old, with an extension, so she can watch her cartoons without driving the adults in the house crazy and still move around a bit.
3. A pair of comfortable headphones for me, with a big head, so I can listen to stuff on my computer instead of listening to her cartoons or she and K bickering, or to play soothing music when I'm overloaded.
4. The professional referrals I need to apply to DU. I'm at the point where I need to be nagging them every day; applications are due in early January.
5. Getting into the DU PsyD program.
6. The squirtlet wants her own laptop.
7. Yarn. Especially something fancier than the traditional acrylic stuff. (I did get some in a RAOK this year, but you can never have too much yarn.)
8. K's house in a more livable condition. I can't do it physically; Dcan but tend sto be busy a lot of the time. K has been unidentifiably ill for a while and doesn't have a lot of stamina. (Caveat: K kind of needs to be around, as it's his house and he needs to decide what to do with things. He works ridiculous hours, which doesn't help with his stamina either.
9. More time with friends.
10. Money for school. (Hey, why not?)
Most of these are probably unfillable, but that's my list. I can be contacted here or my email is fnorky (a with a circle around it) earthlink.net .